The Capstone Experience
The Capstone Experience provides the educational capstone for all students majoring in computer science at Michigan State University. Teams of students build software projects for corporate clients.
During the Capstone Experience, students
- design, develop, debug, document, and deliver a software project for a corporate client,
- work in a team environment,
- develop written and oral communication skills,
- become proficient with software development tools and environments,
- build and administer systems, and
- consider issues of professionalism and ethics.
View the Capstone Experience Slide Gallery, which documents the progress of the course throughout the semester including slides from team presentations and photos of teams presenting in our all-hands meetings.
See the student teams and projects in person at the MSU Union on Design Day.
Read about the Capstone projects from last year including comments from corporate sponsors and Capstone alumni in The Capstone Experience .
Visit the Capstone Archives to find a history of projects and project sponsors.